SEAL | Business & Legal Pitfalls of the SEC's Proposed Climate Disclosure Rules
Thursday, May 19, 2022 (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM) (CDT)
Join Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s Environmental, Social, and Governance Practice and the Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago as we feature a panel of industry experts for an overview of SEC Proposed Rule S7-10-22 regarding climate risk. In addition to a general overview, presenters will discuss likely compliance outcomes and strategies to navigate them along with potential legal challenges the regulation may face. Presenters will take questions regarding challenges and opportunities stemming from this rule.
- Paul Colgan, Government Affairs Consultant, Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago
- David Wayne, Partner, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- Justin Danilewitz, Partner, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- Dr. Spenser Robinson, Professor and Director of Real Estate, Departments of Finance/Law & Entrepreneurship, Central Michigan University
- George Sullivan, Senior Principal and CEO, Net Zero Analysis and Design Corp.
Why is This Important?
- Potential Legal Peril - Any and all green or climate claims in SEC reports are now subject to SEC enforcement.
- Verification - Are you prepared to verify climate claims to avoid fraud enforcement?
- Questionable Compliance - Nearly all popular Green Building Reporting Systems do not comply with SEC regulations.
- How to Comply - Utilize ISO 14000 Environmental Management standards, fully compliant
Who Should Attend?
- Publicly-traded companies and those that do business with them.
Applications for 1.0 substantive credit (based on 60-minute hour) are pending in Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, New York/New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
161 North Clark Street Suite 4200
Chicago, IL 60601 United States
Offices of Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP
161 North Clark Street, Suite 4200
Chicago, IL 60601
Please be prepared to show proof of COVID vaccination upon arrival.
In-Person attendees are invited to join us for lunch prior to the program from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. (CT).
Following registration, you will be prompted to add the event to your calendar. The Zoom login information will be included in the calendar appointment.